CoronaVirus (COVID-19) & Anxiety; How we can manage our anxieties during this global pandemic? Many of you have reached out about this, sharing how you are feeling super stressed out, constantly on edge, or even hypervigilant. First I want to let you know that all of these feelings are completely normal and are warranted responses to all of the threats we hear each and every day via the news and social media. Our nervous system is always assessing our environment for safety and/or danger. If it senses a threat to our safety it will help us focus on it so we can be ready to take action against the threat if needed. Really this helps keep us alive. If we are always on the lookout for something or someone who could harm us, then we are prepared to act when the threat becomes imminent.
We've curated additional COVID-19 resources from a range of reputable sources:
- Australian Department of Health collection of resources, including some resources translated into a selection of languages, as well as advice for parents and those caring for the elderly
- World Health Organisation's (WHO) video on protecting yourself from COVID-19
- WHO's myth-busting page, that addresses some of the misinformation about the virus
- NSW Government resources for businesses, including workplace posters
- QLD Government COVID-19 quiz, which aids in assessing your risk of infection